Things are just heating up here in Australia, guys. So we’ve been looking for a new look to go with the new sizzling season. And for our readers in Asia who enjoy hot weather all year round, you too might want to check out these Top Trending Hair Styles for Spring / Summer 2014. Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, The Philippines, these new looks will look fabulous in sunny weather! Plus try these expert tips by Paul Mitchell Artistic Team member – Rebecca Hubbard.
#1 PASTEL HAIR
From the runways of New York and LA pastel hair is still evident and with celebrities such as Nicole Richie still leading the charge it looks like this trend is here to stay.
- If an allover colour is too much to consider, try a pastel balayage for fun.
- Seek professional advice to ensure your home maintenance system is suitable to ensuring the longevity of your colour.
- Pastel hair generally works better on lighter hair colours so if you are dark consider the cost and effect on your hair as you will need to lighten before adding the colour.
- Finally pastel hair requires a lot of regular maintenance so be prepared.
Note: Try Paul Mitchell Colour Protect Daily Shampoo which Helps color last longer by shielding it from the sun thanks to its Sunflower extract.
#2 BOBS ARE BACK
The bob is seeing a big resurgence for spring summer 2014 with celebrities such as Lara Bingle leading the way.
- Before the big chop consult a professional who can best advise shape, length and bob style best suited to your hair type and facial features
- There is no doubt a bob cut will draw attention to your face, especially a shorter version, so make sure you are prepared for the extra attention and accentuation to your facial features
- If the thought of extra attention doesn’t sit well with you then you can opt for a longer or mid length cut and still be on trend
- We all know a bob looks sensational when just blow dried by your hairdresser but with a good cut you can play and experiment with different looks yourself at home. Make sure your stylist remembers you may not have the Midas touch when it comes to blunt blow drying so ask then to show you some simpler hassle free styling you can achieve yourself
Note: Try Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Daily Boost which protects fragile strands and adds volume for fine hair.
#3 THE QUIFF
The quiff is emerging as a strong style for the hotter months and is taking on many variations. With an option to suite every face shape and hair style, with a little know how and the right styling products you can create an everyday look or a style just for special occasions.
How to wear a quiff:
- Hair out, quiff to the side
- Hair out quiff hair up and back
- Quiff ponytail
- Quiff bun
Note: Try Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam which creates lightweight body and volume for fine hair, adding flexible control, amplifying shine and locking in moisture.
Which hairstyle is your favourite? Share what you think.